Primary Academy Distance Learning
Lighthouse Primary Academy is currently closed due to the Coronavirus pandemic. At this time, scholars are engaging in distance learning.
Welcome back to the 2020-2021 school year! We are thrilled that you are joining us this year and are allowing us to provide your scholar with the best education possible. We have been working hard on creating a plan that is just right for your scholar whether you choose a 5-day in person instruction or virtual through eLearning. We have learned a lot over the past few months and ready to make this year the best that it can possibly be.
A Message From Our Leadership
Dear Lighthouse Families,
It is hard to believe that several weeks ago when we told the students goodbye that it would be the last time we would see them for the school year. While we know that this is for the best during the time of the Pandemic, we are committed to continue to provide your child with a quality education utilizing E-Learning. If you need any support during this time, please do not hesitate to reach out as we are here to help. We can be reached by calling 219-884-2407. In the meantime, stay safe and be well. We hope to see you soon.
Andrea Franz, Principal
Susan Kim, Director of Teaching and Leadership for Reading
Melissa Wise, Director of Student Services
Jeffery McNeil, Director of School Culture
An Updated Message from Mrs. Franz and Mrs. Kim about E-Learning.
More information from Mrs. Franz and Mrs. Kim about Attendance and Grading During Distance Learning
OVERVIEW OF Grades K - 3 DISTANCE LEARNING
All students in kindergarten through third grade have assignments that must be completed by Sunday by 9PM via Google Classroom. Attendance and grades during this time will be reflected on student report cards and will be used to make promotional decisions.
To obtain more information regarding instructional policies please click here.
Platforms for Daily Use:
- K - 3rd will use Google Classroom Google Classroom for their daily learning engagements and parent interactions.
- K - 1st will also use: Headsprout Kids A-Z, and other educational online platforms.
- 2nd - 3rd will also use: Edmentum Exact Path Edmentum® Learning Environment Login and other educational online platforms.
ATTENDANCE AND GENERAL INQUIRIES
Attendance will be tracked through log-ins to Google Classroom and completion of assignments.
- Students in grades K-2 must sign in to Google Classroom two times per week and complete given assignments for two different school days in Reading and Math to be given credit for the week.
- Students in grade 3 must log in 3 times per week and complete 50% of the total assignments for the week in Reading and in Math in order to be considered present. Weekends are included in log-in time.
If you have attendance questions or general inquiries, please contact us between the hours of 10 AM and 2 PM.
Grades K - 3: 219.884.2407 ext. 24031
SCHOOL CALENDAR INFORMATION
Currently, Lighthouse Primary Academy is working in partnership with the Indiana Department of Education to determine when school will resume in the school building.
Monday, April 6, 2020
First Day of Online Classes (Entire School)
Friday, June 5, 2020
Last Day of Online Classes (Subject to Change)
2020-2021 School Year
In-Person Classes Resume (Subject to Change)
Grab and Go breakfasts and lunches are currently available at our Primary Academy campus, Monday – Friday from 11-12PM. Families are welcome to pick up a breakfast and lunch for each scholar that is enrolled with Lighthouse Academies.
- WHERE DOES MY CHILD GO TO START LEARNING?
- DOES MY SCHOLAR HAVE WORK EVERY DAY?
- WILL THE WORK BE GRADED AND RECORDED IN THE GRADEBOOK?
- WHAT IF MY SCHOLAR NEEDS HELP?
- HOW TO ACCESS GOOGLE CLASSROOM AND LOGGING INTO GOOGLE CLASSROOM TUTORIALS
- INDIVIDUAL GOOGLE TEACHER CLASSROOM LINKS AND DIRECTIONS FOR K-3
- How can I access my scholar’s report card?
- What if my child does not have a tablet or Chromebook?
- What if I don't have Wi-Fi at home?
- Will teachers check in with students?
- Please see link to contact K-3rd teachers
- Will work be graded during this time?
- My child receives support services (Special Education, English Language Learner services, speech therapy and/or counseling services). Will these continue during distance learning?
- Will the online instruction count towards grades for K-3rd?
- My child is a kindergartener. Is the Moving Up Ceremony going to be affected?