Lighthouse Gary is an educational community united in our goal to place scholars first. We believe our scholars are capable of and will rise to meet our expectations. We invite you to learn about what we expect from our scholars and the many ways we serve them.
- all of our Lighthouse scholars to graduate with the skills and knowledge needed to be college and career ready;
- our students to leave us prepared to take on any endeavor they choose and become productive citizens in society;
- our scholars to come to school ready to learn with completed homework; and
- our scholars to treat everyone with kindness and to appropriately communicate their feelings to resolve conflicts peacefully.
Developing good character is a pillar of a Lighthouse education. Our staff models and teaches desirable character traits following the ACES and SHINE programs.
- Active community membership
- Critical thinking and creativity
- Effective Communication
- Self-Discipline and Self-Management
The influence of leaders, mentors, and teachers is immeasurable. At Gary Lighthouse, our teachers encompass the true meaning of being a lifelong learner by sharing their passion for education and subject matter with their scholars.
Our teachers work cooperatively with one another to grow professionally and constantly work to build relationships with scholars to ensure they develop academically as well as socially. Our entire team of educators works hard to guide and care for our scholars, and the results shine through in their accomplishments.
- Our staff is trained to address various forms of conflict as well as the social-emotional learning (SEL) of our scholars.
- All of our staff is trained in the state safety protocols and drills including intruder, active shooter, fire, and tornado.
- Students and staff may report safety concerns to our safety officer.
- Visitors must sign in at the main office. We take care to not disrupt the instructional day to ensure scholars maintain a focus on learning.